Sabado, Setyembre 11, 2010

The Spider and the Fly

The Spider and the Fly

“Will you walk into my parlor?”
Said the spider to the fly.”
‘This the prettiest little parlor
That you ever spy.

“The way into my parlor
Is up at a winding stair
And I have many curious things
To show when you are there.”

“Oh, no, no!” said the fly
“To ask me is in vain;
For who goes up your winding stair.
Can never come down again .”

“Sweet creature,” said the spider.
“You’re witty and you’re wise;
How handsome are your gauzy wings;
How brilliant are your eyes!”

“I have a little looking glass
Upon my parlor shelf;
If you’ll step in one moment, dear,
You shall behold yourself”

“I thank you, gentle, sir,” she said,
“For what you’re pleased to say,
And bidding you good morning now,
I’ll call another day.”

The spider turned round about,
And went into his den
For well he knew the silly fly
Would soon be back again.

1 komento:

  1. Ngayon ko lang ko lang nalaman na pwedeng maging declamation piece ang children poem ni Mary Howitt.

    TumugonBurahin